When should I trial probiotics?
by Dr Suneil A Raju,
Clinical Research Fellow, Department of Gastroenterology, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield, UK
Target audience: For healthcare professionals interested in learning about probiotics and their effects on the gut microbiome.
By the end of this article, you should understand:
- Understand the diagnostic criteria for IBS
- Appreciate the role of probiotics in the treatment of IBS
- Gain insight about the intestinal microbiota in health and disease
- Recap terminology relating to the gut microbiome
- Understand the role of faecal microbiota transplant in the treatment of C.Difficile